How to interpret SCL with Services element in the IED and in the AccessPoint?
I found this statement in IEC 61850-6
Updated by John Bruder 12 months ago
- Subject changed from How to handle SCL with Services in the IED and in the AccessPoint to How to interpret SCL with Services element in the IED and in the AccessPoint?
- Discuss in Upcoming Meeting changed from No to Yes
- 61850 Standard 6 added
I found a statement in IEC 61850-6 saying that "As a general rule each element of the Services section shall only be used either at IED level ... or at access point level".
Is it practical for SCL tools to enforce that "rule"?
Should a conformance test enforce that "rule"?
If not, I would assume that if a setting is present in both places, the setting in the "access point" should take precedence.
Is that a reasonable assumption?
Updated by Herbert Falk 12 months ago
- Due date set to 01/10/2023
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Camille Bloch
Need to formulate a test for both Client and Servers. Need new scnf tests.
In general, the AP is the authority of the service capability and APs must declare what they support if they are different than the IED. In the case where they are different the services should not be reflected in the IED section. The exception is the count of control blocks for communication and subscription.
Updated by Camille Bloch 12 months ago
- File Solution to redmine 6198 Services check by AP.docx Solution to redmine 6198 Services check by AP.docx added