CIM Issues #6147
[GMDM #1] Streamlining of tank-based transformer modelling
Currently, the modelling of an unbalanced (tank-based) transformer can be accomplished in a variety of ways, using a multitude of combinations of classes and associations. The number of possible alternatives is an impediment to interoperability. A number of the classes used in describing transformers for network modelling purposes are also resident in the 61968 package, not the 61970 package, despite the fact that they were designed to support network analysis, not asset management, use cases.
This issue suggests the articulation of a comprehensive, cohesive approach to tank-based transformer modelling which would accomplish the following:
• Support the modelling of tank-based transformers in strictly electrical terms
• Support the modelling of tank-based transformers using test results
• Support the definition of ‘catalog’ information of both kinds of modelling (electrical terms and test results)
• Align with the current balanced (non-tank-based) transformer modelling described by 61970-301 and -452
• Augment the current non-tank-based modelling to allow modelling of those transformers with test results
The net outcome is anticipated to significantly leverage existing classes, attributes and associations. Likely changes include a few new associations that clarify (and support validation of) intended usage, perhaps some moving of attributes from one class to another and the move of a number of classes from the 61968 package to the 61970 package.
Updated by Pat Brown 4 days ago
- File GMDM 1 - Streamlining of tank-based transformer modelling.docx GMDM 1 - Streamlining of tank-based transformer modelling.docx added
- Subject changed from [GMDM #1] Simplification of electric-parameter-only transformer modeling to [GMDM #1] Streamlining of tank-based transformer modelling