Indicate typical SIUnit for every DO with CDC MV would help users + Add a dedicated attribute in NSD files instead of having it in the description ?
In IEC61850-7-4, some DO with CDC MV have a SIUnit that is indicated in the description of the DO.
Example : in MMET, DO EnvTmp of CDC MV has the description : "Temperature of environment [°C]."
But a lot do not have any.
It would be interesting for the comprehension of the semantic of the DO, to indicate a SIUnit for every DO with CDC MV (or indicate clearly if it has no unit)
In addition, it could be interesting to add a dedicated attribute for this purpose, in the NSD files, instead of having this information in the description
Updated by Carlos Rodriguez del Castillo about 1 year ago
- Discuss in Upcoming Meeting changed from Yes to No
- Make SIUnit mandatory in all analogue objects
- Requires the description in NSD to include SIUnit: Does not solve the problem as the real SIUnit in a device can be different
- To declare a default SIUnit in every analog object: Maybe problem with NSD...
- Additional column in data objects (7-4) to indicate default SIUnit
Take into account that if you want to define a multiplier different that one (1), then SIUnit is mandatory and the unit is defined.
Decision: "Future work, for edition 3". Improvements in units is needed. We need a consistent solution over all parts of the standard. Trying to be backward-compatible.