CIM Issues #6528
Evaluate information provided by IntraphaseSpacing class
IntraphaseSpacing represents the positions of a set of wires carrying the same phase of the same ACLineSegment. (The real-world examples of the 'set of wires' that IntraphaseSpacing represents are those sets of 2, 3 or 4 wires separated by periodically placed spacers that are frequently used in transmission lines). The existing attributes of the IntraphaseSpacing class are a simple description of the wire positioning assuming that the wires are equally spaced placed in positions 'around a circle'. This means of describing the wire positions for the set of wires may not be as sophisticated or flexible as is necessary and/or it may not reflect the manner in which various network analysis tools model these 'sets of wires'. This issue is being created to start the exploration of the adequacy of the current modelling.
The attached write up from PNNL was created in August, 2019 and appears to be in response to the unbalanced ACLineSegment-related modelling changes introduced by Edition 2 of 61968-13. It is included in this Redmine issue as it was provided as background to the WG13 discussion that led to the creation of this issue. Its references to WireSpacingInfo (the class which was renamed to IntraPhaseSpacing when its use as a descriptor of multiple positions carrying the same phase was clarified) reflect the previous use of the class to describe positions of wires carrying different phases. A more current understanding of the use and modelling context of the IntraphaseSpacing class can be gained from Redmine issues 5295, 5296, 5297, 5298. Those issues resulted in the move of the IntraphaseSpacing class to the 61970 package, paving the way for the creation of this issue.
- Author/Contact Info set to Alexander Anderson
- Proposed Solution updated (diff)
- Breaking Change set to Yes
- Breaking Change Description set to may change attributes of IntraphaseSpacing class, which used to be the WireSpacingInfo class (before Redmine issues 5295:5297:5296 and one other)and might be implemented by
- Requestor set to Pat Brown
- Standard(s) set to 61968-13
- Origination Date set to 09/20/2023
- CIM Keywords 61970-Wires added
- CIM Impacted Groups WG13 added
- CIM Impacted Groups deleted (