Disruption of network when TC are not set to the correct domain
Standard clarification required
TF Unique ID:
33 # IOP_2017/54
Discuss in Upcoming Meeting:
To discuss in WG10:
To send to Hubert for next 9-3 revision
Needs More Information:
Some TC that are not set to the correct domain disrupt the network because they do not respond to
Pdelay_Req coming from another domain than their own.
This means that a replacement TC inserted out of the box could disrupt the network until it is properly configured.
According to IEEE 1588:2008, a TC only has a “primary domain” for syntonization, but otherwise should respond to other domain TCs should respond to other domains.
A slave-only clock is not obliged to respond to a Pdelay_Req that is not from its domain.
To be clarified in IEC/IEEE 61850-9-3.
Assigned to IEC 61850-9-3
Updated by Vladan Cvejic over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Some TC that are not set to the correct domain disrupt the network because they do not respond to Pdelay_Req coming from anothe to Disruption of network when TC are not set to the correct domain
- Category set to Standard clarification required
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Standard(s) changed from 3-Sep to IEC 61850-9-3
- Discuss in Upcoming Meeting set to No
Updated by Carlos Rodriguez del Castillo 11 months ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- Assignee set to Fred Steinhauser
- Proposal descriptions updated (diff)
Updated by Carlos Rodriguez del Castillo 23 days ago
- Needs More Information set to No