CIM Issues #5297
5295:5297 61968 AssetInfo cleanup for ACLineSegment physical modeling
The manner in which classes (and associations) in the AssetInfo package related to wire position are to be used to support network modeling is confusing: in one case, two classes (WireAssemblyInfo and WireSpacingInfo) appear to provide the same purpose (describing a set of wire positions); in another case, one class has two meanings (WireSpacingInfo is used to describe both 'bundles' and the collection of individual wires making up a line segment); associations exist that allow modeling (and templating) to be accomplished in a dozen different ways.
Proposed changes are described in detail in Issue #5296:5297:5296 - WG14 Part 4 WireAssemblyInfo and related cleanup for ACLineSegment physical modeling.
At a high level the following are proposed:
WireSpacingInfo - Repurpose class for use only in describing collections of wires carrying a single phase. Rename class to IntrphaseSpacing, remove .isCable and .usage attributes, create new associations to ACLineSegmentPhase and WirePosition to allow it to be used in the 3 templating approaches. Also remove no-longer-needed WireUsageKind class.
WirePhaseInfo - Remove class and its 3 associations. Relocate its only attribute (.phaseInfo) to the WirePosition class.
WireAssemblyInfo - Rename class and add 3 associations to allow it to serve as the only class supporting the description of collections of wires carrying multiple phases.
See Issue #5295:5297:5296 - WG14 Part 4 WireAssemblyInfo and related cleanup for ACLineSegment modeling.
- Project changed from WG13 Issues to WG14 Issues
- Subject changed from 61968 portion of joint issue on ACLineSegment physical modeling clarification to 61968 portion of #5295 - Joint issue on ACLineSegment physical modeling clarification
- Proposed Solution updated (diff)
- Standard(s) set to 61968-11, 61968-13
- Release Notes updated (diff)
- Breaking Change Description changed from WirePhaseInfo and WireUsageKind classes deleted, 2 classes renamed, 2 attributes deprecated, 4 associations deleted to WirePhaseInfo and WireUsageKind classes deleted, 2 classes renamed, 2 attributes deleted, 4 associations deleted