Extension of the AddCause required to reflect communication issues in multi level control
IEC 61850-7-2; IEC 61850-8-1, 80-6
During the review of the control model of the Proxy/Gateway in IEC 61850-80-6 we found that the existing enumeration for the AddCause does not include values to reflect the situation where the Proxy/Gateway issues a negative confirmation to the control center client when the communication with the underlying IED that executes the command is disturbed, or the connection to the device is lost.
This issue is not only relevant for the communication to the control center, but on always when the control action involves more than one communication level, e.g. Substation Scada to Breaker IED via an bay controller IED.
Attached is a slide set which explains the need and proposes the new enumerated values for the AddCause.
TF IEC 61850-80-6 proposed to extend the enumeration for the AddCause with 2 new ACSI values
ACSI value MMS value
Updated by Andreas Ostermeier about 1 year ago
- Standard(s) set to IEC 61850-7-2; IEC 61850-8-1
Updated by Vladan Cvejic about 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Standard(s) changed from IEC 61850-7-2; IEC 61850-8-1 to IEC 61850-7-2; IEC 61850-8-1, 80-6
- (TF 80-6) Recommendation is to document use-cases and solution into the 80-6 document (to be part of its namespace)
- (Editor 7-2, 8-1) New AddCause values are suggested to be introduced into 7-2 and 8-1 in new edition (3) with detailed descriptions for acceptable use-cases.