Schedules - allow 3 values per time point
Context: how to use IEC 61850 for DER and microgrids (IEC 61850-90-23 CD1).
Several use cases require schedules or forecasts that have several values for each time point.
- Forecast quantities with nominal, lower bound and upper bound values
- Preferred (ideal) setpoint, minimum and maximum limits
- Operational function set point values and activation modes
Today this is only possible by using several FSCH logical nodes. This has the risk that communication failures may leave the set of FSCH nodes with inconsistent information.
This would also help with mapping to CIM based systems.
The modelling has to be resolved before acting on #3098.
Additional discussion: We need new LN that will be a container for those date (necessary for scheduling).
Proposal: WG 17 to create detailed use-case document that will be commented/processed by 7-500 TF for further processing into 7-4 model.
Updated by Carlos Rodriguez del Castillo 11 months ago
- Due date set to 09/02/2022
- Category set to Standard extension required
- Status changed from New to Triage
- ID set to 1
- TF Unique ID set to 1 # WG17
- Discuss in Upcoming Meeting changed from No to Yes
We see the problem on having communication issues on the schedule. We have to see how big is the extension because three could solve a specific problem, but we maight need more.
We need more information from use cases.
Discussed in WG10 Meeting September 2022
WG17 to provide example of using multiple schedules for inclusion in part 7-5
This technique means an IED could have 100s of schedules - it may be appropriate to propose a naming convention and/or a means of using nested logical devices.