sBr13 without pre-assignment
Some Ed2 servers do support BRCB.Owner, but don't support BRCB.ResvTms and the corresponding pre-assignment. As such these servers don't support step 8:
1. Client requests GetBRCBValues of a free (not pre-assigned) BRCB
2. Client configures and enables this BRCB using SetBRCBValues
3. Client requests GetBRCBValues
4. Client disables the BRCB
5. Client requests GetBRCBValues
6. Client releases the association, waits more then the reservation time and associates again
7. Client requests GetBRCBValues
8. A non pre-assigned Client requests GetBRCBValues of a pre-assigned BRCB
When PIXIT Rp13 indicates, the server accepts any client to configure/enable a pre-assigned BRCB continue with:
9. Client configures and enables this BRCB using SetBRCBValues
10. Client requests GetBRCBValues
11. Client disables the BRCB
12. Client requests GetBRCBValues
13. Client releases the association, waits more than the reservation time and associates again
14. Client requests GetBRCBValues
For Ed2 I propose to make step 8 and 14 conditional "when resvTms is not supported skip step 8 and 14".
Updated by Richard Schimmel almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from New to Rejected
- 61850 Standard 8-1 added
Thierry responded in an e-mail: part 8-1 Owner; a v-get of the owner shall return the IP-addres of the client for which it has been configured.
So the existing test procedure match the standard and shall not be changed. Proposal REJECTED.